Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Little Perspective

Drawing 1 (Perspective) has been one of my most interesting classes so far at Ringling. It's something i've never studied before, and although it can be quite tedious, it's a lot of fun. Here's a sample of my work so far.
After learning the basics of one point perspective, we drew a still life from observation.

After that, we moved on to drawing interiors from observation (which means no straightedges). 

Homework for the interior unit. 

My favorite assignment in any class to date... a toy design in one point perspective. My first idea was a princess castle, but that proved to be a bit beyond my reach at this point. A monkey treehouse is always a good second option, though! 

And today's assignment, exterior perspective.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about perspective- it's already helped a TON in personal artwork, and we're only a month into classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment