Thursday, September 12, 2013

Digital Digital Getdown

So, drawing digitally's a new thing for me. I'm still very much intimidated by the concept, but i'm getting better, especially since i've been practicing whenever I have the chance. Ringling's DPSC (Digital Painting Sketch Club) is a great resource, so i'm looking forward to attending those meetings as frequently as I can (between FEWS... and Quidditch... and Music Minors... I may have signed up for too many clubs.)

In any case, here's some samples of my work so far.

The original banner for my blog... until I found out it was formatted entirely incorrectly. Oops.
I guess figure drawing's a digital thing as well? People were getting into it at FEWS tonight, so I decided to give it a shot. I haven't found a digital brush that emulates the line variance of conte crayon yet. 

A work in progress... I figured the easiest way to learn digital painting would be to use a movie still as reference and try to match it as closely as possible So, here's Rapunzel. I'm only about a quarter done with this (the remaining hair's going to be AGONY) but i've already learned a lot. 


And, finally, a quick character sketch. Can you tell i'm in love with braids?


No comments:

Post a Comment