Thursday, September 12, 2013

Welcome to Art School

Has it really been a month already? Time has flown since I arrived at Ringling... here's a sample of my sketchbook work from the past few weeks.

Ringling has a really cool club called FEWS... basically, figure drawing for three hours every night. These were from my first session. I'm not a big fan of gesture work in pencil, but for longer poses it's okay. 

More from FEWS. Our figure teachers ask us to assign a verb to each gesture (which results in about half of my drawings being labelled "stretch" or "relax"!)

Using marker was a fun new challenge. I'm looking forward to experimenting with different mediums throughout the semester. 

The great thing about art school is that you can draw your classmates without being judged... chances are they're drawing you!

Some quick gestures from my first week at Ringling. 

Ballpoint pens are lovely to draw with, but red wasn't the best color choice.

Misc. gestures. 

and a few more!

Hopefully i'll be able to keep this blog updated with school assignments and personal work throughout the school year and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment